Thursday, May 14, 2009

Anti-Love

I've decided something these past few months. That romantic, dreamy love doesn't exist. How can it?

All "love" does is bring you to a crevasse and leave you there to fall alone. It leaves you alone to suffer, and it turns you bitter and cold.

Lord knows I've tried and tried, but I can't keep trying. I don't think I can take another fall, only to be left alone, crying, like I've done so many times before.

You can love your daddy, because you know that he'll always be there for you. You can love God, because He'll never leave you. But how can you love someone one day, when chances are they'll be gone the next? How can you love someone, when chances are they'll grow bored with you and move onto someone else.

That's not love.

I don't see love anywhere. All I see are divorces, fights, yelling and screaming, crying and pain, but I don't see the kind of love people dream about.

I suppose that's why it's called a dream, because it's not real.

If you want to prove me wrong, I lay before you this challenge. Show me a love that will never end that isn't the family sort of love. Show me a love that will never grow bored, never leave, never break your heart, never do anything to hurt you.

Because I'm tired of love. I'm tired of getting hurt and then being told I'm loved, because to me, that doesn't work.

2 comments: